Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Senior Risk Analyst to be based out of our Irving, TX location.
The Senior Risk Analyst will play a key role in managing North America’s (NAM) Risk Management Program. This role will work directly with key stakeholders in North America and provide guidance to various corporate departments and regional management concerning risk avoidance, retention, and contract compliance. The Senior Risk Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering a wide variety of risk management and insurance program activities.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Risk Manager to coordinate placement and administration of the Company’s insurance program. Activities include analyzing underwriting information for accuracy and timely completion of applications.
- Assist in managing North America’s (NAM) Risk Management Program in accordance with HeidelbergCement Group Policy comprising insurance relationship management, insurance placement, insurance claims management, oversight of surety bond portfolio, and implementing a risk management framework to address key business issues.
- Responsible for Risk monitoring system; analyze data for accuracy.
- Develop and continuously update processes/procedures to support assigned activities.
- Audit insurance premium payments and control all invoicing/billing from insurers and brokers.
- Assist in the management of property, pollution and marine claims.
- Assist with insurance provider inspections, audits, or other compliance activities as necessary.
- Handle technical inquiries and requests from business, as well as provide guidance.
- Manage the Company’s certificate of insurance program, including annual renewal distribution and third party tracking program. Respond to ad-hoc client and vendor requests for certificates.
- Create and maintain historical risk exposure schedules for the firm’s property and liability programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation process to improve operational performance of Risk Management function with collaboration of HR Safety/Corporate Controlling.
- Assist in the process of identifying and assessing risks affecting the business, including compliance with Group Risk Reporting.
- Assist in surety bond program including transactions, issuance, cancellation, and/or amendments when required.
Assist Risk Manager with Special and ad hoc projects, as assigned.