Reporting to the Manager of Credit Strategy Consulting, the Statistical Analyst will be responsible for performing a variety of quantitative analyses for PayNet member, or prospective member, financial institutions, banks, finance companies, and fintech lenders, across the U.S. and Canada. Working with other Analytics professionals, PayNet Sales, Operations, and I.T. staff, and with management at the financial institutions, the Statistical Analyst will
- Analyze the predictiveness of PayNet’s scores and risk models for specific financial institutions
- Analyze the predictiveness of financial institutions own scores, models and current credit/risk practices
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various methods of combining multiple scores and models, and using alternative credit decisioning strategies, calculating the resulting economic impact, and presenting the findings to the financial institutions
- Use bank financial statement data to implement models predicting defaults and losses within the banks’ various lines of business.
- Work with financial institutions to develop special datasets to be used to build custom scores and models
- Work on a variety of other Analytics group projects, as they arise
This position provides extensive opportunity for the right individual to be creative, grow, learn new things, and advance professionally. Intelligence, dedication, and the ability to work in an unstructured environment are the keys to success in this position.