Note: This is NOT a remote work position and is located in Lapeer, Michigan.
Senior Credit Analyst
Equal Employment Opportunity
CORPORATE VALUES & MISSION
“Provide superior service and high-quality advice and show utmost respect to everyone we meet.”
Performs a variety of commercial loan support services, including numerous duties which facilitate and safeguard the lending function.
REPORTS TO: VP Credit Dept Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Use critical thinking to conduct thorough risk analysis of applications for commercial credit including the Bank’s most complex relationships.
· Construct financial statement spreads and understand and interpret key ratios.
· Complete thorough real estate evaluations on various property types.
· Responsible for calculating risk scorecard and recommending risk ratings.
· Collect credit information for preparation of commercial loan package.
· Provide an analyzed, researched, and documented package for review by supervisor, officers, committee, or Board as appropriate.
· Maintain complete and orderly credit files on loan customers and obtains credit information on borrowers.
· Maintain various loan/departmental reports.
· Contact clients as necessary.
· Provide bank management with loan reports as required in a timely manner.
· Mentor and train new credit analysts – as applicable.
· Assist supervisor in the establishment and maintenance of procedures necessary to assure good quality loan documentation.
· Assist loan officers as requested.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned.
· Be familiar with and comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act as they relate to the functions of this position. Complete all required reports related to those acts and reports any observed violations or potential violations of those acts to a supervisor or other appropriate bank officer.
· Be familiar with and comply with all federal and state banking regulations as applicable.
In addition to the Corporate Core Competencies, individuals in this position are expected to exhibit the following:
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data accurately; able to read and interpret written information.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Has a thorough understanding of underwriting, coverages and rating procedures
Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Business Acumen – Understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Flexibility – able to provide flexibility and adapt to changing schedules.
Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.