Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Commercial Lending Portfolio Manager in the MSG - G & T Lending group. In this position,you will have primary responsibility for credit structuring, underwriting, and loan servicing of portfolio of credit commitments to a group of high profile G&T members, their subsidiaries or affiliates, and Investor Owned Utilities.
As a Commercial Lending Portfolio Manager, you will:
• Underwrite and service loans extended to a portfolio of high activity, high profile G&T electric utility accounts (“G&T Members”) and Investor Owned Utilities. • Manage and respond to customer questions and requests from G&T Members to ensure satisfaction with CFC’s loan products and services. • Complete detailed written analysis of prospective loan commitments, including comprehensive credit underwriting, risk analysis, and financial modeling. • Partner with Relationship Managers assigned to G&T Members to identify and present customized financial solutions to the G&T Members’ senior management teams. • Risk rate all G&T Members, which includes evaluating quantitative and qualitative factors. • Monitor and document ongoing credit compliance, which may include discussions with G&T Members and preparing recommendations for modifications, consents or waivers. • Detect potential problem credits, advise appropriate internal parties, develop strategies to mitigate potential credit issues, which may include the restructuring of a problem loan. • Assist with the training and mentoring of G&T credit analysts.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or related field. • Minimum of five years of credit underwriting or credit risk management experience, preferably with electric utilities, in a commercial bank or non-banking financial institution. • Completion of a credit risk loan underwriting training program. • Strong credit risk and financial analytical skills. • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Supporting America’s Electric Cooperatives and the Members They Serve *
The National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) is a member-owned, nonprofit finance cooperative serving America’s electric cooperative utilities. Created and owned by America’s electric cooperative network, CFC is committed to providing financing to more than 1,000 members and associates, which include electric distribution cooperatives, power supply cooperatives, and statewide and regional associations.
• CFC’s assets total approximately $29 billion.
• CFC’s operations are grounded in the seven cooperative principles.
• CFC’s employees adhere to the core values of service, integrity and excellence in serving their member-owners.
For more information on CFC’s work with America’s electric cooperatives—and the services those co-ops provide in their own communities—please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.