The IT Business Relationship Manager serves as a member of the staff of the Office of Academic Technology under Office of Information Resources & Technology and acts as a primary IT liaison between OIRT and the academic units assigned. The IT Business Relationship Manager will report directly to the University Director of Academic Technology, and will be deeply involved in IT project planning for academic colleges and prioritization efforts of IT projects. The IT Business Relationship Manager will also work to build and strengthen cross-university stakeholder relationships while coordinating university IT project planning and prioritization efforts. This position requires daily interaction with faculty and staff.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related area.
2. Technical training and/or experience to proficiently operate, utilize, troubleshoot and maintain applications such as LMS, Zoom etc. in an academic environment.
3. Recognized team leadership and group facilitation skills in complex situations.
4. Outstanding organization, planning and analytical skills. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Comprehensive understanding of the concepts and processes that create great relationships and can demonstrate leadership skills in providing outstanding customer service in complex situations.
6. 3+ years of experience introducing business relationship processes in a higher education or professional setting.
7. Capable of handling confidential and proprietary information and using sound judgment in working with sensitive material.
8. Quick learner, able to come up to speed on IT systems and IT/business processes rapidly.
9. Demonstrated success working with academic unit partners to identify and prioritize those projects most likely to provide benefits in light academic unit and IT goals and strategies.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf